Thursday, 5 January 2017

Pack Up Your Troubles In A Green Garbage Bag.....And Smile.

“Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!”
 

 John Anster, The First Part of Goethe's Faust 
 
Well, as you can see I didn't post on the first. I am only now regrouping after a great Christmas, and indeed, holiday. I will show you some, but by no means all of the haul. But the real haul is friends and family. 

I decided to start a new blog, for a new year, for a new attitude. I have been hanging onto alot of things, both emotionally and physically (a green garbage bag downstairs awaits donation) and have been thinking about letting go. I realize there are things I will never get to (and that's okay) as well as things I can never change (and that too is ok) and I want to focus my time and effort on things that matter. They may not matter to others- but to me personally. I don't feel the need to justify it to anyone, and I have earned it.

(wouldn't it be great if we could pack our emotional baggage in a green garbage bag?) Moving on.......


I received some fantastic books. The second one is Kate Davies "Shetland Oo" in hardcover, which had a limited run of 500. Mine is 349. No patterns but a pictorial done by her husband. A great collaboration. I am halfway through The Shepherd's Life, gifted by my sister.
For a make-up junkie like myself, this holy grail came from Miss Mew. It's truly gorgeous.


From a dear friend, an Emma Bridgewater jug ornament. It will be out all year.

Also from the evil twin, this Bavarian jug with sheep on it. It lives on the kitchen shelf.
Before New Years, some of us went to Stratford. We stopped at the quilt shop in New Hamburg and bought some fabric. Then we had club sandwiches with fries and gravy, so it was truly a banner day.

On the knitting front, I had one project left from last year. Anyone who has done any lace knows that doing a sideways edging can be the equivalent of purgatory, but for some reason, I am happy to finish it. This is a "Two Old Bags" pattern, "Mountain Pines". It has the center square, and you pick up and do the border in the round, marking the corners. It is a pattern I have had in the queue for years.

Clawed is having his mid-morning nap, prior to his late-morning nap, on my bed. Tino is on Alex's bed, and Howard is on his blanket on the upstairs sofa.

All is right with the world. For now.

Fleece out.











4 comments:

  1. I really like that quote Lorraine. And your new blog, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'd forgotten all about the "Two Old Bags" patterns! :flashback: Only one project carrying over is pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, to be able to nap like a cat... sadly, work calls.

    And that is a lovely shawl. I look forward to seeing yours finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new blog is great. Congrats on finishing the lace project. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete