Tuesday, 14 March 2017

A Plan So Cunning You Could Brush Your Teeth With It

I've just noticed it's been a month since I've posted. This has been the most idle winter of all time. I have had no energy, and no inclination to do anything. The weather has been up and down- and outside, it looks like this:


I did manage to venture out before the storm on Sunday, to visit my buddy at Say Tea. Look what I got. It's amazing how much better your morning tea tastes in a great cup. I had the favorite niece along, so it was truly a banner day.

In knitting news, I am still working on my Southwell cardigan. I have finished the collar and button bands, but am at a standstill until I can get some circulars in 3.25mm. Yes, I have a ton of needles, but not in that size. I thought that I would be the one person who would be prepared for all knitting contingencies, but it appears not.

Fear not, for I have a cunning plan.

I have been thinking about making a tunic/dress in a Merchant & Mills pattern. For some reason, I envision it in a plum linen. I'll also get to use my serger. What could be better?

This is, of course, taking into consideration that I may not remember how to read a sewing pattern. Or, if I can read it, can I parse it? Hmmm. We'll see.

Today's guest kitty (one of my grandkitties) is Cindy Lou. She is wonderfully silly and floofy. We call her Cindy Roo, and Moulin Roo. Isn't she the best?


More Roo lovliness......

Fleecin' out for now.

3 comments:

  1. The sweater is looking so nice! Isn't it weird when you have so many needles and then realize you actually don't have them all?

    Love the kitty cat - she looks like a sweet pea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate to that needle problem. That tunic pattern is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your cardigan is moving along nicely--I like it very muchly

    ReplyDelete